I love a good rice krispie treat, so when I came across these I knew I had to make them. I realize they are not low fat or calorie and it isn’t going to help my need to diet, but I just couldn’t resist. They sure do taste good though! The nutella, though obvious, is not overpowering as I feared it might be with so much of it.
The one issues I had, which really isn’t much of an issue since it turned out fine, was that the nutella didn’t seem to want to melt in. I put it back on the burner for a little bit while stirring, taking care not to burn it, and ended up with more of a thick caramel type thing but it worked out fine. I haven’t made many rice krispies so I am not sure how thick the stuff is supposed to be but it did seem a bit on the thicker side. At least I got a major arm workout trying to stir in the cereal lol.
Nutella Rice Krispie Treats
Serves : 15 Time to make : 10 minutes
- 4 T. butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 pkg (10 oz.) regular sized marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup nutella
- 6 cups rice krispies
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan over low heat melt the butter and add marshmallows stirring until they are melted.
- Take off the heat and add nutella, stirring until melted.
- Add cereal and stir until combined. Spraying the spoon with cooking spray can make this part a little easier.
- Press into the prepared dish with some waxed paper and allow to cool before cutting into bars.