Since the first batch of mixed nuts turned out so well I have been meaning to try other flavor combinations. This one tonight turned out well I think, and could only have been better if I had been able to put some pecans in the mix like last time. However I only had almonds, macadamia nuts, and cashews, so I threw in some dry roasted peanuts to fill things out a bit (I dislike peanuts lol). I liked using the popcorn seasoning because it already had some salt in it, and likely some sort of butter flavor which really made them extra yummy.
Chipotle Lime Mixed Nuts
Serves : makes 2 cups Time to make : 20 minutes
- 2 cups raw mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- 1 1/2 T. vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 tsp. chili lime flavored popcorn seasoning
- 3/4 tsp. chipotle chili pepper seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- Combine nuts, oil, and seasonings in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Spread nuts out onto the sheet and bake for 15 minutes checking every 5 and giving them a stir.