Everyone has their own idea of comfort food, but this is definitely one of them for me. It reminds me so much of something my mom used to make, though her’s was done with venison, and a thicker gravy. I don’t have her recipes unfortunately, so this is a good substitute for now. As with most crock pot dishes, this is very quick to put together and once that is done you don’t have to do much. Just give it a stir once in a while to keep things mixed and heated evenly, but also just so you can sneak a good smell and taste once in a while lol. Then at the end, you just stir in some cream cheese and serve it over whatever pasta you like. I used orecchiette because I knew it would hold the sauce well and pick up easily with a fork.
Beef and mushrooms have that classic earthy taste that is so good, and in this they are only made better by the addition of the onions, Worcestershire and golden mushroom soup. Then at the end the addition of the cream cheese really just brings it all together leaving you with a nice thick creamy sauce.
Slow Cooker Beef & Mushroom Stroganoff
Serves : 4 Time to make : 6.5 hours
- 1 lb. cubed beef stew meat
- 1 (10.75 oz) can Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced (I used crimini)
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 C. water
- 4 oz. cream cheese (I used fat free)
- Pasta of choice (I made about 12oz Orecchiette)
- Combine the first six ingredients into your crock pot and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- Make your when time is just about up, and just before serving stir in the cream cheese until melted. Serve over pasta.
Recipe from Dreaming All Day