I often make a parfait using similar ingredients, and in fact I believe I have shared it here, but today I just felt like having a drink for breakfast. Normally I have fresh ingredients on hand, but today I was down to some I had frozen from before and I didn’t want to deal with thawing and then cutting them so into the blender they all went. Add a bit of milk and you are left with a nice thick, creamy, and island inspired smoothie! Even better yet… it’s healthy!
Sorry for the boring shot… as I said I didn’t have any fresh ingredients for garnish and the frozen one broke in half when I tried to slice one side. It may look boring but it tastes great I promise!
Serves : 1 Time to make : 3 minutes
- 1/2 large banana sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 container (I think about 6 oz) vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 2 T. shredded coconut (sweetened)
- Combine banana, pineapple, yogurt and milk in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Add the coconut and blend until combined.