This is just a simple and tasty meal that I make fairly often (at least for me). It isn’t super quick because you have to cut up chicken, potatoes, garlic, etc, but if you cut corners and either prep some of it ahead of time or purchase ready cut ingredients it could be a fairly quick meal…. great for a weeknight. I hadn’t tried red peppers in it until tonight, but I enjoyed them for the color at least since they didn’t seem to change the flavor all that much. It could be a good way to sneak in some veggies too. You may need to adjust the cook time so your potatoes and chicken are both done, but a tip is to make sure they are both cut the same size and fairly small.
Greek Chicken & Potatoes
Serves : 4 Time to make : 45 minutes
- 2 large chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 C. poatoes, cut into bite sized pieces (I like red for this)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube dissolved in
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (I also throw in the zest of one lemon)
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2/3-1 cup feta (tomato basil works well)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish.
- Place chicken and potatoes in dish, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add garlic (and some sort of veggie here if you like).
- Whisk together lemon juice, oil, and oregano and pour over the chicken and potatoes. Stir to coat everything.
- Pour the dissolved bouillon cube over everything and stir again.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until chicken is done through and potatoes are tender.
- Add the feta at the very end.