I wanted to make a lemon shake and got the idea to add raspberries, but I didn’t just want to throw whole berries into the mix. A few years ago I created this raspberry sauce I knew would be perfect for this so went ahead and whipped some of that up and then used a bit of it for the shakes. You will end up with extra sauce, but it is great over ice cream, on pancakes, or drizzled over cake, etc. Tonight I used sugar free/fat free pudding because it’s what I had on hand, but honestly I HATE them. I hate that fake sugar flavor and the feeling it leaves on my teeth, so unless you are dieting (and in that case you are likely aware of the issue and it doesn’t matter) I would suggest using the regular version.
Serves : makes about 1 cup Time to make : 5 minutes
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 1/4 T. sugar
- 1 T. raspberry preserves
- 4-5 T. prepared pink lemonade (I just make a glass from the powder and measure from that)
- Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Push contents through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Cover and store in the fridge.
Raspberry Lemon Shake
Serves : 1 Time to make : 5 minutes
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 T. raspberry sauce
- 1 1/2 T. lemon pudding mix (instant)
- 1/2 cup milk
- whip cream
- Combine all but the whip cream in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with whip cream.