Well I’m back! Enjoyed my time away, and was able to recharge my batteries so to speak, but not it’s time to get back to things.
Tonight’s recipe is one we’ve made before and it’s perfect for any night. It literally goes together in maybe 10 minutes, and it’s something the whole family can enjoy. I know a lot of people have taco night because they are easy…. well these are even easier because you don’t have to assemble tacos and there is no worry about them spilling out onto your plate because they are already in a pile! You can crunch up the chips and eat it more like a salad or leave the chips whole and eat them as nachos.
I will list our typical taco toppings, but feel free to use whatever you like for yours.
Taco Salad Nachos
Serves : 4 Time to make : 10 minutes
- 1 bag of tortilla chips (For extra flavor try hint of lime, pepper jack, or jalapeno chips)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small can olives, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream (fat free)
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1 pkg shredded lettuce
- Brown ground beef in a skillet, and drain. Add seasoning and water and mix.
- Place chips on the bottom of the plate and layer the meat, cheese, onions, olives, and lettuce on top.
- Mix together the salsa, sour cream, and guacamole and pour over the top.
Thanks for your patience and I hope you will all stick with me!